The Southern Plateau of India is triangular in shape.
It is surrounded by Aravalli Hills in the north-west and Rajmahal Hills in the north-east. It is bordered by Eastern Ghats in the east and Western Ghats in the west.
It is divided into two parts by the Satpura Hills and Narmada River. The two parts are : Central Highlandsand Deccan Plateau.
- It is located to the north of Satpura Hills and Narmada river.
- It consists of Malwa Plateau and Chota Nagpur Plateau.
- Malwa Plateau covers parts of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- Chota Nagpur Plateau is rich in minerals like bauxite, iron, coal, manganese, etc.
- It lies south of the Narmada river and Satpura ranges.
- It is surrounded by Western Ghats and Eastern Ghats.
- The Nilgiris, Anaimalai and Cardamom are some of the important hills of Western Ghats.
- It is rich in iron, gold…
View original post 233 more words